Susquehanna Health is pleased to announce the launching of a new Lactation Support Program for service partners who choose to breastfeed their babies.
This employee benefit was developed following careful assessment of best practice lactation programs with input and suggestions provided by employee service partners. The program includes:
- A designated safe, private area for expressing milk during work hours.
- WRMC - 5 North
- DPH - 3rd Floor
- MVH - is currently undergoing renovations and will be announced soon!
- Access to an electric breast pump for quick and efficient milk removal.
- A Symphony pump will be available at each campus in the lactation room.
- Personal Symphony attachments can be purchased in the SH Pharmacy.
- Telephone support or assistance
- Contact the Birthplace Lactation Team at 321-2092.
- Coming this Fall: New HIU Class "Breastfeeding and Work: Making it Work"
- September 9, 2010, 7-8 pm, Childbirth Education Classroom A, WRMC
- November 11, 2010, 11 am-Noon, Childbirth Education Classroom A, WRMC
Susquehanna Health is proud to offer this new program and is pleased that our breastfeeding service partners can successfully merge their important priorities of family and work together. The valuable support of supervisors and co-workers is essential to the success of this program.
For more details on the program and how to access the lactation rooms, go to insideSusquehannaHealth on the Human Resources page.