Electing to have joint replacement surgery is a step toward renewed mobility. Patients may feel a little unsteady in that step, however. Susquehanna Health's Orthopedic Nurse Liaison helps to steady you as you prepare for surgery, and provides support and education after you've undergone a knee or hip replacement surgery.
Our Orthopedic Nurse Liaison helps in a number of ways:
• Instructs the pre-admission joint replacement class
• Sets reasonable goals for achievable success
• Visits you following your surgery
• Conducts daily meetings with your physical therapists and social workers to make sure your needs are being met
• Follows up with you once you've gone home to see if there are other needs or areas of support you still require
For questions, contact our Orthopedic Nurse Liaison, Becky Folmar, at 877-852-2874.