One unique and innovative way in which Susquehanna Health helps patients and families in special need is by providing free, overnight accommodations on all three campuses of Susquehanna Health. Since its opening in February 1990, The Hospitality Inn has been a warm, welcoming service to hundreds of people.
There are several different reasons why you and your family may decide to use The Hospitality Inn.
- Patients and families who need to travel some distance to one of our hospital campuses can stay at the Inn.
- Cancer patients receiving radiation therapy on a daily basis may find traveling an inconvenience. This stressful situation can be relieved by staying at The Inn throughout their prescribed treatment plan.
- Families of patients who have come to the hospitals through the Emergency Departments are welcome to stay at The Inn, helping to keep everyone together during the patient's hospital stay.
- Families of patients who are receiving inpatient therapy at The Rehabilitation Center may use the services of The Inn, providing patients with the maximum family support throughout their treatment.
- Families of patients who are recovering from open heart or other major surgery at one of our hospital campuses are also welcome to stay at The Inn.
Patients and their families must be independent and able to care for themselves and must be physically able to handle steps and walk to various locations. For those in a wheelchair, or for those who need help with daily tasks like bathing, another person must be present for assistance during the entire stay. Healthcare services typically available to patients in the Hospital setting are not provided in the hospitality Inn.
The length of time that patients and their families stay at the Inn is based on need. For example, patients receiving radiation therapy may require use of a room for several weeks, while families of inpatients may only need a room for one or two nights.
The Inn has private, fully furnished rooms, and shared bath and shower rooms. Each room contains a TV, clock radio, dorm-size refrigerator and a phone. A kitchenette with microwave oven, coffee maker and small refrigerator is available.
The Hospitality rooms are located in well secured facilities conveniently located and accessible by car to the area's shopping and restaurants.
Pets are not permitted in the Inn and you are urged to make your own arrangements with boarding kennels here or in your home area.
The Hospitality Inn accommodations are in a smoke-free environment.
Meals and Food
The Inn offers beverages daily. Cooking is limited to microwave fare; however, guests may purchase meals in the hospitals' cafeterias and from vending machines on the ground floor. Guests who wish to eat with their inpatient may purchase a meal in advance, and it will be delivered to the patient's room at mealtime. Numerous restaurants and fast food locations are within a 5-to-10 minute drive from the campuses.
If The Hospitality Inn is appropriate for you or your family, you or your physician's office can make reservations for rooms either at Williamsport Regional Medical Center or Divine Providence Hospital by calling the Social Services department at 570-321-2151. After 4:30 pm, call the hospital at 570-321-1000 and ask for the on-call social worker. To make reservations for the Inn at Muncy Valley Hospital, please call 570-546-8282 and ask for the nursing supervisor.
The rooms at the Hospitality Inn have been made possible by generous contributions from patients, family members and friends. Contributions are welcome. Your generosity enables us to continue to offer this service to others by allowing us to upgrade, purchase and replace equipment and furnishings. Make a contribution online now.