Enjoy a relaxing atmosphere in which you can bond with your newborn and receive spa-like treatment. The Birthplace in Williamsport strives to make you as comfortable as possible with our luxury amenities and allows you to return home in a relaxed, confident state.
Our 18 new private postpartum rooms feature:
- Flatscreen televisions
- DVD players
- Sleep space for a support person
- Pampering toiletries just for mom
- A beautiful view of the central Pennsylvania mountains
A tradition at Susquehanna Health that continues in the new facility is the five-star quality celebration meal for mothers and family post-delivery. The Birthplace does whatever it takes to put families at ease and enjoy the birth of their little miracles.
-Patricia Miller, BSN, RNC, NE-BC, Director of Mother/Baby/Child at Susquehanna Health
Other special highlights of our new facility include:
- Six brand new Labor and Delivery rooms, including private showers, specialized birthing beds and the latest labor and delivery equipment
- A large operating room with a two bed recovery area
- Four prenatal and testing beds
- 15-bed Newborn Nursery
- 5-bed Level II Nursery for prematurely born babies, including a place for parents to stay while their baby is being cared for
- Patient and family education areas
We encourage our proud mothers to spend as much time as possible with their baby, and they can now do so in ultimate comfort. The Birthplace also offers very special post-delivery amenities to mothers and new families.