Providing Care as a Nurse at UPMC Susquehanna
Whether you're a nurse, a patient care assistant, or a support aide, you've chosen the field of nursing to care for others. You have a passion, a calling to help people, so what better place to be than UPMC Susquehanna? Join us in our journey to provide the best in healthcare to our community.
Scope of Services
Because UPMC Susquehanna is a fully integrated health system, nurses are able to select a clinical specialty from a wide range of services:
- Acute Care: Nursing staff are primary members of the team that supports the comprehensive treatment plan for patients in our acute care units. A sense of accomplishment will be evidenced as you assist your patients' recovery from the acute phase of illness through the outpatient reinforcement to a return to their highest level of well-being.
- Intensive Care: Intensive Care is a 28-bed cardiovascular surgery/intensive care unit; Progressive Care is a 24-bed step-down unit. These services are supported by an invasive cardiology lab and a state-of-the-art surgical facility.
- Long Term Care: Our 139-bed long-term care facility enables nurses to enhance the wellbeing of our residents, taking a role in offering quality and serenity in assisting these men and women during the twilight years of life.
- Maternity Care: Our Birthplace at Williamsport Regional Medical Center welcomes over 1,300 babies each year, allowing nurses there to impact the health and well-being of a new family.
- Ongoing Care: Our medical patient populations require the expertise of our professional staff as they recover from diabetic and endocrine disturbances, medical oncologic treatments, medical management of cardiac and vascular disease, interventional support and therapy for neurological disease and stroke, renal and respiratory failure.
- Outpatient Care: Outpatients are served through our new Surgery Center. As a society focused on time, our nursing staff help patients have their procedures done so they can quickly move on with their daily lives.
- Surgical Care: On our inpatient units, the nursing staff serve as gatekeepers for the interdisciplinary team, assisting surgical patients in their recovery from orthopedic and reconstructive procedures, vascular and thoracic surgery, major oncologic interventions and neurological surgery. Susquehanna Health, a major heart hospital for the region, also provides the opportunity to specialize in caring for patients recovering from open heart surgery, heart bypass and angioplasty procedures.
Hear from Our Nurses
Hear from two of our nurses about what they like most about working for UPMC Susquehanna.
Do you have questions about job opportunities or being a nurse at UPMC Susquehanna? Speak with one of our human resources representatives.
UPMC Susquehanna wants all nurses to feel welcome when applying to be a part of our team. Visit our career page to view nursing jobs in Williamsport, PA, and the surrounding areas.