Did you know that a planned gift can protect your assets, provide for you and your loved ones, and guarantee you income for life?
We invite you to join our Founder's Circle by donating a planned gift of any size or making a bequest in your Will to the "Cole Foundation." Your planned gift can take many forms, including:
- Gifts of stock - Stocks, bonds and mutual funds that have appreciated in value are one of the most advantageous ways of supporting the Cole Foundation. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increased in the value of the stock.
- Gifts of real estate - Find out how you can make a gift to the Cole Foundation of a remainder interest in your home, receive sizable tax benefits now and continue living in your home for the rest of your life. Gifts of real estate are often attractive alternatives to traditional gifts. You can make a gift of your home, farm, or secondary residence by retain the use of the property for as long as you and your spouse live. This makes it possible for you to give a larger gift than your resources might otherwise permit.
- Life insurance & retirement plan beneficiary - Continue supporting our work even after your lifetime by naming us as a beneficiary of your retirement plan or life insurance. Contact your plan’s administrator to specify the Cole Foundation, Inc., as a beneficiary. Our Federal Tax ID number is 45-5417308.
- A bequest in a Will or Estate - Many people like to leave a gift to the Cole Foundation in their will. It is easier than you think. You can leave all or part of your estate to the Cole Foundation. Choose a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate. It’s up to you. And, we’re here to help make it easy for you!
- Charitable remainder trusts (CRT) - CRT’s are ideal for individuals with assets that have appreciated in value and would by subject to significant tax liability when liquidated. If you establish a Charitable Remainder Trust, you may contribute assets without incurring capital gains tax. You may receive an immediate tax deduction on a significant portion of your contribution, and you or your designee will receive payments from the trust for life or for a specified number of years. At the end of this period, the remaining balance in the trust will be given to the Cole Foundation.
For more information or to schedule a meeting to share your planned giving wishes and goals, please call the Cole Foundation at 814-274-5520.