Why Become a VolunTEEN?
VolunTEENs are recognized as an important part of the hospital family. They support the services of departments by assisting patients and staff.
VolunTEENs experience personal satisfaction and self-worth as a result of serving others, working as part of a team and learning to manage time effectively. In addition, they build confidence while learning about healthcare careers.
"Volunteering at UPMC has made me appreciate the gift of helping others." --Alecia Thaler
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Complete the Volunteer Application (Teens must be at least 15 years old.)
- Upon receipt of your application, you will be contacted to begin the interview process
- Complete and sign the reference form
- Complete and sign the permission form
- Complete the commitment agreement
- Bring your completed forms with you to your VolunTEEN interview