Savings to the Community
Since its incorporation, UPMC Susquehanna has enhanced the quality of care by consolidating virtually all of its services. We have saved more than $105 million by eliminating the costly duplication of those services and have returned this savings to the community in the form of free and low-cost programs and services. We have also held down the cost of inpatient admissions to our hospitals at a time when many hospitals across the country have increased their costs.
Beyond what is reported here, UPMC Susquehanna delivers these benefits to the local communities:
- Improvement in patient care through an integrated electronic information system that will allow even the most rural healthcare providers in the network to access accurate medical record information instantaneously
- Improved access to specialty physicians via this information system and specialty outreach clinics
- Development of a referral network that expedites patient care
- Joint recruitment and retention of key medical personnel
- Improved patient care through the development and implementation of collaborative performance improvement initiatives that will be based upon the balanced scorecard methodology
- Shared resources and information on compliance issues and other administrative/patient concerns among network members
UPMC Susquehanna shares with you our Community Benefit Report.