June 25, 2020
Making an Impact Through Supply Chain
Brian Delp, materials management team lead, Supply Chain, speaks about his impact in Supply Chain.
Joined UPMC: January 2019
What made you choose the career you are in?
- I was interested in a career that impacted others. I wanted to be a part of making a difference. I ensure that medical supplies maintain stock level in a variety of UPMC departments.
Did you plan to work in a health care field? If yes, why did you choose health care? Why did you choose UPMC? If no, what made you choose health care? What made you choose UPMC?
- I was ready for something new and looking for more job satisfaction. I explored a UPMC job posting because it was close to home and the benefits looked great. This job ended up being a great fit for me. I enjoy having an important role in patient care that is not clinical.
What is your educational background/experience?
- I have a very diversified work background. Some of my past positions include commercial fisherman, food broker, lineman for a phone company, house parent, correctional officer, and a DJ at a radio station.
What has been your greatest accomplishment, or something you are most proud of?
- Personally: Being a father to my two wonderful children. I am thankful to be a part of their lives.
- Professionally: Being part of an incredible team at UPMC that provides outstanding health care.
If you could give one piece of advice to students interested in a career field similar to yours, what would it be?
- Always put in extra effort.
- If you don’t know, find out.
- Be open to change.