July 30, 2020
UPMC Offers Low-Cost Blood Analysis Screening
UPMC Wellsboro is offering community multidiagnosis blood analysis screenings at nine locations throughout the month of September.
The screening can establish normal blood levels to monitor from year to year, help detect changes, or help lead to the diagnosis of a disease, making the test an important preventive and diagnostic tool.
Pre-registration is required, and fees are charged for the screening.
Appointments can be made for September at the following sites in Tioga and Potter counties:
- Thursday, Sept. 3, Tioga Fire Hall, Rarrick Dr., Tioga – 6 to 9 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 10, Elkland Fire Hall, Parkhurst St., Elkland – 6 to 9 a.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 12, Blossburg Fire Hall, 324 Main St., Blossburg – 6 to 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 15, St. Bibiana’s Parish, 111 Germania St., Galeton – 6 to 9 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 17, Westfield Crary Hose Co., 429 E. Main St., Westfield – 6 to 9 a.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 19, Wellsboro Firemen’s Annex, East Ave., Wellsboro – 6 to 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 22, Morris Social Hall, Morris – 6 to 9 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 24, Middlebury Fire Hall, 16935 PA-287, Middlebury Center – 6 to 9 a.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 26, Mansfield Fire Hall, 381 S. Main St., Mansfield – 6 to 10 a.m.
The blood specimens drawn from each participant are sent to the hospital’s clinical laboratory and screened for diabetes, anemia, prostate cancer and diseases of the heart, liver, thyroid, or kidney.
Results are sent to the participant’s health care provider for interpretation. Participants will also receive a copy of their results and an explanation of the tests performed.
Anyone participating in the CMBA testing is required to fast for 12 hours prior to the test.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call 1-800-808-5287 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.