August 21, 2018
UPMC Susquehanna Lock Haven Announces Lee & Bessie Graham Scholarship Recipients
UPMC Susquehanna Lock Haven and the Lee & Bessie Graham Nursing Scholarship Trust recently recognized eight local students as the recipients of the 39th annual Lee & Bessie Graham Nursing Scholarships.
The 2018 scholarship recipients are:
- Macy Waltz, Central PA Institute of Technology
- Chelsea Boone, Lock Haven University – Clearfield
- Quincey George, Lock Haven University
- Karli Coleman, Lock Haven University
First time recipients:
- Kara Libby, Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Brooke Swinehart, Lock Haven University – Clearfield
- Lauryn Geisewite, Clarion University
- Emily Shearer, Penn State – Altoona
“We have been blessed to receive scholarship applications from an impressive group of students including current nursing professionals who are continuing their education and growth as well as those just starting to pursue a career in nursing,” said Ron Reynolds, chief administrative officer, UPMC Susquehanna Lock Haven. “The generosity of the Graham family has allowed us to contribute to the education of the next generation of nurses who will be the future of health care.”
The late Bessie Graham established the scholarship trust in 1979 in her and her husband’s name, to assist graduates of Clinton County high schools interested in pursuing a career in nursing. Recipients are chosen for scholarship awards based on their acceptance in a nursing program, graduation from a Clinton County high school, grades, and personal references.