Our team of professionals provide cardiology and respiratory care to inpatients, outpatients, emergency department patients and same-day surgery patients. We work together with a common goal of providing respectful, compassionate care to every patient, every time. A respiratory therapist is on-staff 24 hours a day at the hospital.
UPMC Cole's cardiologists provide top-of-the-line health care to the community from Coudersport & Port Allegany. Through our telemedicine service, we also make it easier for patients in the community to see UPMC specialists without traveling. This new technology allows specialists to provide patient care via an interactive audio/video connection.
In addition to state-of-the-art diagnostic procedures, cardiology technicians and respiratory therapists provide:
- Medication aerosol therapy
- Cardiologist clinics
- Pulmonary and sleep clinics
- Mechanical ventilation
- Oxygen therapy
- Arterial blood gas measurements
- Smoking cessation assistance
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) education
- Asthma education
- Airway clearance therapy
- Patient consultation
Our diagnostic services include:
- Cardiac exercise stress testing
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Tilt table testing
- Lactose intolerance testing
- Cardiac holter and event monitoring
- 12-lead electrocardiogram
- State-of-the-art pulmonary function testing
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
The cardiopulmonary department also offers a variety of education programs including classes and one-on-one consultation on cholesterol management, anticoagulation therapy, smoking cessation and dealing with asthma and COPD.
All cardiology technicians and therapists are certified in advanced cardiac life support.
We are located on the first floor of the IMAC at UPMC Cole in Coudersport.
Cardiology services are also provided at Cole's Bowman Health Center at 83 Marvin Street in Smethport, PA.