Why Choose a Residency Program in Williamsport, PA?
Want to accelerate your medical career as a family physician? Learn more about the family medicine residency program in Williamsport, PA.
Important Facts About UPMC Susquehanna
UPMC Susquehanna is comprised of six hospitals and includes:
- 450 licensed beds
- 22 bassinets and seven Level II nursery beds
- 138 long-term care beds
Hospital admissions of 13,000 patients each year, including:
- 354 pediatric admissions — there are four full-time pediatric hospitalists
- 1,200 deliveries, performed by family physicians, obstetrician-gynecologists and nurse-midwives
The Williamsport Family Residency Program admits the largest percentage of these patients.
Inpatient medical information is kept on electronic medical records that interface seamlessly with the laboratory, radiology, respiratory care and nurse charting all to a personalized user. Physician order entry as well as labor and delivery monitoring are documented electronically.
Important Facts About Our Teaching Institution:
- Visiting Professor Series includes nationally-renowned experts who are invited weekly to discuss the latest advances in specialty and primary care medicine.
- Several clinical clerkships are available to medical students.
- We have students in nursing school, pharmacy, nuclear medicine, physician assistant, chaplaincy, medical technology and physical and occupational therapy on our four campuses.
- Conference rooms have Internet and electronic medical record capability (radiology and laboratory) for morning report and daily teaching conferences.
- Electronic medical records are used in the outpatient office and are fully integrated with imaging and laboratory studies; links to those medical records are accessible anywhere in the hospital, increasing paperless access and decreasing errors. Electronic medical records (EMRs) may also be accessed remotely from home.
Looking for a family medicine residency program that stays at the forefront of medical technology and patient care? Choose the Williamsport Family Medicine Residency program in Williamsport, PA.