Why Choose a Residency Program in Williamsport, PA?
Want to accelerate your medical career as a family physician? Learn more about the family medicine residency program in Williamsport, PA.
Important Facts About UPMC Susquehanna
UPMC Susquehanna is a seven hospital integrated health system:
- 438 licensed beds
- 15 bassinets and five Level II nursery beds
- 392 skilled nursing beds
- 36 physical medicine and rehabilitation beds
Hospital admissions of 18,000 patients each year, including:
- 354 pediatric admissions — there are three full-time pediatric hospitalists
- 1,200 deliveries, performed by family physicians, obstetrician-gynecologists and nurse-midwives
The Williamsport Family Residency Program admits a large percentage of these patients.
Inpatient medical information is kept on electronic medical records that interface seamlessly with the laboratory, radiology, respiratory care and nurse charting all to a personalized user. Physician order entry as well as labor and delivery monitoring are documented electronically.
Important Facts About Our Teaching Institution:
- Visiting Professor Series includes nationally-renowned experts who are invited weekly to discuss the latest advances in specialty and primary care medicine.
- Several clinical clerkships are available to medical students.
- We have students of nursing, pharmacy, nuclear medicine, physician assistant, chaplaincy, medical technology and physical and occupational therapy on our four campuses.
- Conference rooms have Internet and electronic medical record capability (radiology and laboratory) for morning report and daily teaching conferences.
- The electronic health record, EPICARE, interfaces with the hospital, laboratory, EKG and imaging systems.
Looking for a family medicine residency program that stays at the forefront of medical technology and patient care? Choose the Williamsport Family Medicine Residency program in Williamsport, PA.