Preparing for Your Office Visit
Most of us would never dream of showing up for an important meeting without notes or to an exam for school without having studied. Therefore, why go to a doctor's appointment, an important meeting about the status of your healthcare, without being properly prepared?
Having a list of questions and symptoms to discuss will help you walk out of your doctor's office better informed about your healthcare and condition. Your doctor will also appreciate that you have times and dates of symptoms written down, and do not have to rely on your memory.
In addition, it is important to bring the following with you to your doctor's appointment:
- Insurance Card
- Co-pay that is listed on your insurance card
- Photo Identification (ID) such as valid driver’s license
- List of questions and concerns
- List of current medications and/or herbal supplements you are taking
- Any completed forms that your doctor’s office may have provided to you