Welcome to Pastoral Care Services of UPMC Susquehanna
We recognize that your visit to a hospital may have moments of strain and worry. However, many of our patients and families have taught us that hospitalization can be a time for letting faith provide hope and comfort as well as enriching the healing process. Our goal is to help support and guide you and your loved ones through this hospital stay.
Explore Our Services
Our Pastoral Care staff offers you and your family support in your use of personal resources of faith when dealing with illness. We also provide:
- Encouragement and a listening ear during difficult times.
- Assistance in commemorating your experiences of God's sustaining, protecting and healing presence.
- Help to explore questions of faith and spirituality.
- Practical help and comfort in time of grief and in crisis situations.
- Congratulations on the birth of children, progress in recovery or the healing of illness.
When providing these services, our staff performs a number of activities that include:
- Visits to you and your family upon admission as well as, at your request, on the nursing units, in the waiting area, the Emergency department and other outpatient areas.
- Response to medical emergencies and deaths.
- Help in getting you and your family involved in support groups, if needed.
- Help in contacting your clergy and representatives of your own religious tradition to celebrate sacraments and perform rituals.
- Providing Communion, Baptism and other sacraments upon your request.