Why Choose a Residency Program in Williamsport, PA?
Want to accelerate your medical career as a family physician? Learn more about the family medicine residency program in Williamsport, PA.
Important Facts About UPMC in the Susquehanna Region
UPMC in the Susquehanna region is a six hospital integrated health system:
- 438 licensed beds
- 27 bassinets and five Level II nursery beds
- 392 skilled nursing beds
- 36 physical medicine and rehabilitation beds
- 45 licensed psychiatric beds
UPMC Williamsport admissions of 18,000 patients each year, including:
- 354 pediatric admissions — there are four full-time pediatric hospitalists
- 1,400 deliveries, performed by family physicians, obstetrician-gynecologists and nurse-midwives
The Williamsport Family Medicine Residency Program admits a large percentage of these patients.
Inpatient medical information is kept on electronic medical records that interface seamlessly with the laboratory, radiology, respiratory care and nurse charting all to a personalized user. Physician order entry as well as labor and delivery monitoring are documented electronically.
Important Facts About Our Teaching Institution:
- Visiting Professor Series includes nationally-renowned experts who are invited weekly to discuss the latest advances in specialty and primary care medicine.
- Several clinical clerkships are available to medical students.
- We have students of nursing, pharmacy, nuclear medicine, physician assistant, chaplaincy, medical technology and physical and occupational therapy on our campuses.
- Conference rooms have Internet and electronic medical record capability (radiology and laboratory) for morning report and daily teaching conferences.
- The electronic health record, EPICARE, is used in all outpatient settings and interfaces with the hospital, laboratory, EKG, and imaging systems. In addition to access throughout the health system, electronic health records may also be accessed remotely from home.
Looking for a family medicine residency program that stays at the forefront of medical technology and patient care? Choose the Williamsport Family Medicine Residency program in Williamsport, PA.