Customized Brain Cancer Treatment in Williamsport & Wellsboro, PA
Brain tumors are defined as abnormal growths that develop in the brain. Brain tumors can either be benign or cancerous. They can develop in the brain or in other areas of the body and then spread to the brain.
Treatment for brain cancer can include:
Looking for exceptional treatment for brain cancer in Wellsboro or Williamsport, PA? UPMC Susquehanna is here for you. The highly experienced oncologists, neurosurgeons and social works at our cancer centers can develop a customized plan that will help you in your fight against cancer.
Signs of Brain Cancer
Common symptoms of brain cancer include:
- Chronic, severe headaches
- Blurry vision
- Loss of balance or dizziness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Changes in personality or behavior
Risk Factors of Brain Tumors
There are certain factors that may increase your risk of developing brain cancer, including:
- Radiation exposure. Being exposed to radiation can increase your risk of developing a brain tumor.
- Genetics. Having a family history of brain cancer can increase your risk of developing a brain tumor.
- Your age. Brain cancer is most common in older adults.
Brain Cancer Treatment at UPMC Susquehanna
When you schedule an appointment with one of the oncologists at UPMC Susquehanna for brain cancer treatment in Wellsboro or Williamsport, we will develop a treatment plan based on the type, location and size of your brain tumor, as well as your tumor grade, age and overall health.
Individuals who have been diagnosed with brain cancer in Williamsport or Wellsboro, PA visit UPMC Susquehanna for treatment.