Receive Expert Care for Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is a type of cancer that affects the lymphatic system, the tiny network of vessels throughout your body. The lymphatic vessels carry a clear fluid from the extremities and organs back into your blood circulation to help fight infection and disease. It typically develops in the lymph nodes, bone marrow or blood.
Lymphoma commonly responds to the following treatments:
For expert treatment of this type of cancer, visit UPMC Hillman Cancer Center. From our cancer centers, our oncologists can treat individuals who have recently been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in Williamsport and Wellsboro, PA.
Risk Factors of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
Factors that can put an individual at higher risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma include:
- Immune system deficiency. If you have a weakened immune system, you are at a higher risk of developing lymphoma.
- Autoimmune diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and other autoimmune diseases can put an individual at a higher risk of developing lymphoma.
- Infections. Individuals with HIV, EBV or other infections that affect the immune system are at a higher risk of developing lymphoma.
- Old age. Individuals who are 60 or older have a higher chance of developing lymphoma.
Symptoms of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
Common symptoms of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma include:
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck, groin or armpits
- Abdominal swelling or pain
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Unexplained fatigue or weight loss
- Night sweats
- Chronic fever
Personalized Treatment for Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
Our Williamsport and Wellsboro oncologists are here to help you fight your cancer. Treatment is based on the stage of lymphoma and your overall health. Radiation and chemotherapy are the most common treatments, but other forms of treatment are available at UPMC and may be utilized in your care plan.
Learn more about the customized treatments we can offer you in your fight against non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma by finding a provider today.
UPMC Hillman Cancer Centers in Williamsport and Wellsboro, PA that can provide treatment to individuals who have been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.