Exceptional Treatment for Thyroid Cancer
Thyroid cancer occurs in the tissues of the thyroid gland, a gland at the base of the throat that produces important hormones. Although thyroid cancer is rare, it is often detected early and easily treated.
Thyroid cancer can be treated with:
At UPMC Hillman Cancer Centers in Williamsport and Wellsboro, our board-certified oncologists have experience treating patients of all ages who are suffering from thyroid cancer in Williamsport and Wellsboro, PA. We work hard to efficiently diagnose and treat your thyroid cancer so you can get back to leading a healthy life.
Common Symptoms of Thyroid Cancer
In the early stages, thyroid cancer usually does not cause any symptoms. As it advances, individuals may experience:
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- Lump on the neck
- Difficulty swallowing
- Pain in the neck
- Voice hoarseness
Types of Thyroid Cancer
Common types of thyroid cancer include:
- Follicular thyroid cancer. This type of thyroid cancer develops inside the follicular cells of the thyroid gland.
- Papillary thyroid cancer. This is the most common type of thyroid cancer and develops inside the follicular cells.
- Thyroid lymphoma. This is a very rare type of thyroid cancer that develops inside the immune system cells.
- Medullary thyroid cancer. This type of thyroid cancer develops inside the C cells of the thyroid gland.
Meet with One of the Oncologists
During your visit at UPMC Susquehanna, our oncologist will take into account a number of factors that will determine the treatment we recommend, including the type and stage of thyroid cancer. Treatment options can include:
- Surgery to remove the thyroid or lymph nodes in the neck
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted drug therapy
Find a Provider in Williamsport or Wellsboro to help you in your fight against thyroid cancer.
UPMC Hillman Cancer Centers in Williamsport and Wellsboro, PA, to provide state-of-the-art treatment to individuals who have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer.