Colorectal Surgery at UPMC
Whether you are dealing with diseases of the anus, pelvic floor disorders, or cancer of the small bowel, colon, rectum, and anus, the specialists at UPMC in Williamsport, PA are here to help. We provide a variety of treatments and procedures to help you improve quality of life, reduce painful conditions and restore function. Using advanced techniques to help reduce recovery time and risk of complications, we work with other specialists to provide the latest in care for colorectal treatments.
What is a Colon and Rectal Surgeon?
The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons recognizes colon and rectal surgeons as experts in the surgical and non-surgical treatment of colon and rectal problems. Following full training in general surgery, they have completed advanced training in the treatment of colon and rectal disorders. Colon and rectal surgeons treat benign and malignant conditions, perform routine screening examinations and surgically treat problems when necessary.
We offer tailored treatments for a wide range of conditions of the colon and rectum, including:
- Anal Dysplasia/Anal Cancer
- Anal Fissures
- Anal Fistulas
- Anal Warts (Condyloma)
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Colon and rectal polyps
- Colovaginal fistula (colon connection to vagina)
- Colovesicular fistula (colon connection to urinary bladder)
- Crohn's disease
- Fecal Incontinance
- Pelvic Pain
- Pilonidal Cyst
- Pruritus Ani
- Rectovaginal fistula
- Rectal prolapse
- Ulcerative colitis
Procedures & Treatments Offered
- Screening and advanced colonoscopy
- Office based procedures for hemorrhoids - hemorrhoid banding, sclerotherapy, etc.
- Advanced surgical options for anal fistula and rectovaginal fistula
- Pelvic floor evaluation - anorectal ultrasound, manometry, and EMG for evaluating pelvic pain, constipation, rectal prolapse, etc.
- Laparoscopic and robotic surgery for colon and rectal cancer, diverticulitis, and rectal prolapse
- Sacral Nerve Stimulator (SNS) for treating fecal incontinence
- Transanal surgery for rectal polyps and masses
UPMC offers solutions and treatment for colon and rectal conditions through our colorectal surgery services in Williamsport, PA, and the surrounding areas.