Learn About Your Digestive Health Treatment Options
Are you seeking to achieve optimal digestive health in Williamsport, PA? Rely on the expertise of the gastroenterologists at the UPMC Susquehanna Digestive Disease Center. We provide a wide array of treatments and procedures that can help you live a healthier life.
Procedures & Treatments for Digestive Health
Our Digestive Disease Center offers the following services in Williamsport:
- Balloon (deep) enteroscopy is an examination where a flexible endoscope is inserted through the mouth to evaluate the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Barrx helps treat Barrett’s esophagus, which is a digestive issue that can result from chronic heartburn or a condition called gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Capsule endoscopy helps your doctor examine the three different parts of the small intestine (the duodenum, jejunum and ileum). Patients swallow a pill sized video camera that take pictures of your small intestine as it passes through.
- Colonoscopy is a procedure that allows a medical expert to evaluate the inside of the colon with a long, flexible tube (with a tiny camera on one end). Colonoscopies can reveal swollen tissue, ulcers, polyps and even cancer.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is a procedure that examines the pancreas and bile ducts. ERCP is used to diagnose diseases of the gallbladder, biliary system, pancreas and more.
- Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) helps provide detailed images of your esophageal and stomach linings. EUS can diagnose conditions that lead to abdominal pain.
- Esophageal manometry measures the pressures of muscle contractions in your esophagus. Abnormalities in muscle contraction can cause pain, heartburn and/or difficulty swallowing.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) is a test done to examine and treat problems in your upper gastrointestinal tract. The procedure is usually performed using an endoscope.
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) helps provide nutritional aid for patients that cannot ingest food orally. During a PEG procedure, a tube full of liquid nutrients goes through the abdominal wall into the stomach.
- Sigmoidoscopy is used to evaluate gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal pain, rectal bleeding or changes in bowel habits.
- SpyGlass® Direct Visualization System is used to identify abnormalities in the biliary system. The biliary system consists of the gallbladder, liver and pancreas.
If you need treatment to improve your digestive health, we can help. Visit the Digestive Disease Center at UPMC Williamsport Regional Medical Center, or call (570) 321-3454 to make an appointment. For a direct referral for endoscopy, please call (570) 321-3331.
UPMC Susquehanna's Digestive Disease Center provides treatment for all types of digestive disorders in Williamsport, PA, and the surrounding areas.