Treating Ear, Nose & Throat Problems with ENT Surgery in Williamsport and Sunbury, PA
At UPMC Susquehanna's Ear, Nose & Throat, we know a comprehensive ENT program is essential in the recovery for our patients who have had tumors of the head and neck, hearing loss and sleep apnea symptoms. Our team of trained ear, nose and throat doctors (otolaryngologists) can help you achieve a healthier life with less discomfort.
Our ENT services include:
Why ENT Surgery Is Performed
Your doctor may recommend ear, nose and throat surgery to treat diseases, injuries or deformations of the ears, nose, throat, head and neck areas.
Ear surgery is typically performed to correct hearing loss or impairment. Nose surgery may be recommended for severe sinus problems. Throat surgery may be performed to remove cancer, tumors, or adenoids and tonsils. Head and neck surgery is often necessary to remove a tumor or to reconstruct an area after an injury or trauma. At UPMC Susquehanna, ENT doctors also treat sleep disorders, like sleep apnea and snoring.
Types of Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery at UPMC Susquehanna
We offer a comprehensive selection of surgical options to help you on your way to wellness. These options include:
- Adenoidectomy — removal of the adenoids
- Ear tubes — reduce ear infection risk, restore hearing, improve speech, balance, behavior and sleep problems
- Endoscopic sinus surgery — used to remove blockages in the sinuses
- Endoscopic skull-based surgery
- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgeryHead and neck cancer surgery
- Laryngoscopy — evaluation of the voice box and related structures, with anesthesia
- Mastoid surgery — required when, due to ear diseases, the mastoid bone is infected
- Maxillofacial surgery
- Myringoplasty — surgery to repair a hole in the ear drum due to removal of a long-term ear tube
- Rhinoplasty — correcting and reconstructing form and restoring functions of the nose
- Septoplasty — surgical treatment to repair a deviated septum
- Stapedectomy — surgery on the middle ear performed to improve hearing
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery —performed on diseased endocrine glands just below your Adam’s apple)
- Tonsillectomy — removal or reduction of the tonsils
- Vocal cord surgery
At UPMC Susquehanna, our ear, nose & throat (ENT) doctors perform a wide array of advanced and minimally invasive ENT surgeries in Williamsport and Sunbury, PA, and the surrounding areas.