The Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) is a community health program that helps transform the lives of women who are pregnant with their first child. Each mother we serve is partnered with a registered nurse (RN) early in her pregnancy and receives ongoing nurse home visits throughout pregnancy that continue through her child's second birthday.
What We Do
Registered nurses work with the mothers-to-be during pregnancy to promote and teach positive health and attachment behaviors between a mother and her baby. Nurses are trusted and respected professionals who are able to foster a powerful bond with the mother. The relationship of trust makes a measurable difference for the whole family.
Nurse-Family Partnership encourages fathers, family members and even friends to be involved in the visits and learn how they can best support new mothers.
How The Nurse Will Help
My nurse will help me:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Become a better parent
- Build a strong network of support for me and my baby
- Make my home a safe place for my baby to live and play
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in my community
- Find ways to continue my education and develop job skills
- Set goals for my family’s future and find ways to help me reach them
For more information please visit, www.NurseFamilyPartnership.org.
1100 Grampian Blvd, Suite 4S
Williamsport, PA 17701
Do you have questions regarding nurse-family partnerships at UPMC Susquehanna? Find a Provider to learn more.
UPMC Susquehanna provides experienced nurses to help soon-to-be moms have a smooth pregnancy in Williamsport, PA, and the surrounding areas.