The Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) is a community health program that helps transform the lives of women who are pregnant with their first child. Each mother we serve is partnered with a registered nurse (RN) early in her pregnancy and receives ongoing nurse home visits throughout pregnancy that continue through her child's second birthday.
What We Do
Registered nurses work with the mothers-to-be during pregnancy to promote and teach positive health and attachment behaviors between a mother and her baby. Nurses are trusted and respected professionals who are able to foster a powerful bond with the mother. The relationship of trust makes a measurable difference for the whole family.
Nurse-Family Partnership encourages fathers, family members and even friends to be involved in the visits to learn how they can best support new mothers.
How The Nurse Will Help
My nurse will help to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Become a better parent
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training, and other support services available in your community
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills
- Set goals for your family’s future and find ways to help you reach them
For more information please visit www.NurseFamilyPartnership.org, call 570-326-8912 or email email@example.com.
UPMC provides experienced nurses to help soon-to-be moms have a smooth pregnancy in Williamsport, PA, and the surrounding areas.