Chronic Ventilator and Weaning Program
Helping You Breathe Easier
Muncy Place has partnered with Genesis Respiratory Services (GRS) to operate and staff the ventilator care program so respiratory patients in our community can receive the highest level of care from one of the largest and strongest therapy organizations in the country. This partnership has allowed us to expand our ventilator program to include aggressive weaning and help our patients achieve their goal: vent-free breathing.
What We Treat
We treat ventilator/trach dependency due to:
- Respiratory failure
- Lung disease or chest injury
- Cardiac disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Post-operative weaning failure
- Complications resulting from other pulmonary disorders
Comprehensive Services for Respiratory Patients
GRS provides respiratory care for more than 600 skilled nursing facilities nationwide, making it the largest provider of comprehensive respiratory programs in the long-term care industry. As a partner with GRS, we can better accommodate the respiratory needs of both weaning and chronic ventilator patients.
Our facility has been recognized for the highest-level, quality care by Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Attached to Muncy Valley acute care hospital with on-site services, such as lab, imaging, ER and rehabilitation, we also offer respiratory patients:
- Piped-in oxygen and in-wall suctioning
- Around-the-clock respiratory therapy and RN coverage
- Specialized activities for ventilator-dependent patients
- Educational services for patients and families to understand disease process
- Medical direction under the leadership of Dr. Kevin Kist, Pulmonologist
- Aggressive weaning program/therapy-driven protocols
We're Here to Help You
If you would like to learn more about our expanded respiratory therapy and ventilation program services, or to arrange a tour, please call (800) 488-4268.
Quality of life is a valuable commodity. We respect our residents and provide activities and healthcare as appropriate for their varying needs.