UPMC Susquehanna: Reliable Services for Fertility in Williamsport, PA
If you and your partner have been trying to conceive and are experiencing problems, the experts at UPMC Susquehanna can provide you with a variety of fertility treatment options. Our compassionate team of providers understand what you're going through and are here to help.
Causes of infertility can include:
The first step toward your infertility solutions is to call and make an appointment with one of our OB/GYN specialists. There are a range of services we can prescribe for you depending on your individual needs. These can include:
- Infertility counseling
- Ultrasound testing
- Artificial insemination via partner or donor
- Other testing procedures such as laparoscopy, hysteroscopy or endometrial biopsy
Call UPMC Susquehanna's OB/GYN today at (570) 321-3300 and let us help you experience the miracle of childbirth.
Why Am I Having Trouble Conceiving?
For many women, getting pregnant can take a long time. Sometimes, waiting and trying in a few more months is the right answer. But, it may be time to seek help if:
- You are 34 years old or younger and have not gotten pregnant within a year of trying.
- You are 35 years old or older and have not gotten pregnant within six months of trying.
- You have had repeated miscarriages.
- You or your partner have a medical condition that can affect fertility, such as endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or a history of an undescended testicle.
What to Expect
At your first appointment, your healthcare provider will ask detailed questions about your medical history and efforts to get pregnant.
Your doctor will also likely conduct a physical exam of both you and your partner. The information gained from your medical history and exam will help your provider determine which diagnostic tests may be helpful.
Diagnostic testing will likely be performed at another appointment. When the results of those tests are available, your healthcare provider will discuss them with you and your partner. Together, you will decide on next steps for trying to conceive and carry a healthy pregnancy.
UPMC Susquehanna offers comprehensive care for infertility issues in Williamsport, PA, and the surrounding areas.