Learn About Prenatal Care at UPMC Susquehanna
Prenatal care is the care a woman receives while she’s pregnant. Prenatal visits typically include physical exams, weights checks and urine sample tests. During these visits, your doctor will also go over ways you can have a healthy pregnancy.
Our medical providers are committed to providing compassionate care to help individuals receive excellent prenatal care.
UPMC Susquehanna cares for women at all stages of their pregnancy. If you know you are pregnant, or think that you may be pregnant, and are not receiving prenatal treatment, make an appointment to visit one of our obstetricians at UPMC Susquehanna to ensure proper fetal development. The earlier prenatal care begins, the greater the chances of delivering a healthy baby. Prenatal care helps protect the health and well-being of babies and mothers alike.
Seeing a doctor regularly can help soon-to-be mothers receive early treatment and preventive care if necessary.
UPMC Susquehanna currently offers the following prenatal services:
- Nutrition counseling provided by a registered dietician –– these sessions include diet and prenatal vitamin education and advice.
- Social services to assist pregnancy patients in their life changes and help them become more independent.
- Classes and education that include sessions about labor and delivery and breastfeeding, as well as access to a variety of resources concerning pregnancy.
- High-risk consultation which is an evaluation and home care concerning at-risk pregnancies, which include complications from diseases, disorders, infections and other issues.
Our Prenatal Center
Our Prenatal Center cares for pregnant women regardless of their ability to pay. If you know you are pregnant, or think that you may be pregnant, and are not receiving prenatal care, make an appointment to visit our Prenatal Center. The earlier prenatal care begins, the greater the chances of delivering a healthy baby. And prenatal care helps protect the health and well-being of mothers.
Our comprehensive services include:
- 24/7 access to a physician
- Access to prenatal and childbirth education
- Dental care education and referrals
- High risk consultation
- Nutrition counseling by a registered dietitian
- Teen parenting support
- Visiting nurses
UPMC Susquehanna offers compassionate prenatal care for women in Williamsport and Wellsboro, PA, as well as the surrounding areas.