Occupational Health Tests and Screenings
Periodic Physical Examinations and Medical Surveillance Testing
We provide customized employee physical examinations and medical surveillance testing to promote workplace health. These occupational health services can be provided either at the WorkCenter or at the company, depending on your specific needs.
UPMC Suquehanna offers the following occupational health services:
Types of physical examinations and occupational tests include:
- Employee physical exams including DOT, return to duty and surveillance
- Asbestos physical exams
- Hazardous material medical surveillance programs
- Laboratory testing
- Chest X-ray
- Vision screening
- Hearing tests
- Respiratory clearance evaluation (spirometry testing)
Our staff of experienced nurses and technicians provides a full array of occupational health screenings at your worksite. Results of the screenings are provided to each employee.
- Blood pressure
- Complete lipid profile testing
- Glucose testing
- Hemoccult testing
- BMI (Body Mass Index) measurements
Drug and Alcohol Testing
A comprehensive range of drug and alcohol testing is provided for:
- Rapid and hair drug testing
- DOT and non-DOT testing
- 24-hour post accident collection
- Pre-placement screening
- Random/reasonable suspicion testing
- 24-hour breath alcohol technicians
- Screening and confirmation testing
- Five- and 10-panel drug testing
- Collection only services
- Consortium services
- Medical Review Officer
We also offer testing at our facilities for:
- Radiology and MRI
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
A comprehensive range of hearing services provided through the WorkCenter meets the standards of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and helps you keep your workers safe and healthy. Services include:
- Convenient testing at your worksite
- Testing available for all shifts, approximately 100 workers per shift
- A mobile unit that includes a sound room with four audiometers for testing
- Testing by a CAOHC-certified technician
- Audiograms reviewed by a WorkCenter physician
- Annual audiograms are compared to baselines, and shifts in standard thresholds are calculated
- Medical histories for each employee are reviewed and maintained
- Test results are reviewed with employees
We also offer:
- Hearing conservation training and education
- Workplace sound level monitoring
- Custom-molded earplugs
- Pre-employment baseline testing at The WorkCenter
- Acoustic calibrations and octave band analysis
Noise-induced hearing loss is one of the most common occupational diseases and the second most self-reported occupational illness or injury. Make sure your workers are protecting their hearing and that your business meets the requirements stated by OSHA. Call the WorkCenter at (570) 320-7442 to learn more about our Hearing Conservation Program.
Respiratory Fit Testing
PORTACOUNT™ respiratory fit testing ensures your employee’s safety and your company’s compliance with OSHA requirements. This procedure gives a numeric readout of respirator fit-factors during a series of tests designed to simulate the work environment. The PORTACOUNT FitPlus™ software generates a real-time display of test results and creates a permanent record of your fit testing compliance. Our trained professionals come on site to test your employees in their own mask.
The WorkCenter provides a comprehensive range of services to help meet your business needs and OSHA requirements. Program components include:
- Quantitative fit testing using the PORTACOUNT™ machine and FitPlus™ software.
- Qualitative testing using the bitrix methodology.
- Respirator selection and training.
- Record maintenance by OSHA guidelines.
- Records management.
- Related services: respirator questionnaires, spirometry and respirator physical exams.