Expert Eye Care in Williamsport and Lock Haven
UPMC Susquehanna's comprehensive eye care team provides examination, diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of ocular, eye movement and vision system disorders.
What is Ophthalmology?
Ophthalmology is the study of the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the eyeball and orbit. An ophthalmologist is a physician who has completed medical school and four years of residency in ophthalmology, a fellowship in a particular specialty of eye pathology may then be sought to further there specialty. Ophthalmologists can medically treat eye disease, implement laser therapy, and perform incisional surgery.
Ophthalmology Services We Offer
At UPMC Susquehanna, we offer the following ophthalmology services:
- Glaucoma Management: Provides the full spectrum of glaucoma treatment options to include all laser therapies and all incisional microinvasive glaucoma surgeries (MIGS) and conventional glaucoma procedures (trabeculectomy and glaucoma drainage implants) to assist in the management of all types and degrees of glaucoma.
- Cataract /IOL Management:
- Routine & Complex Cataract surgery including Toric & Presbyopia-correcting IOL options available) and Yag Laser Capsulotomy
- Repair of Intraocular Lens Complications (subluxation, dysphotopsia)
- Eyelid Lesion Removal
- Cataract Surgery (All Intraocular Lens Options Offered)
- Chalazion Incision and Curettage
- Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty
- Yag Laser Capsulotomy
- Laser Iridotomy
- Laser Retinopexy
- Trabeculectomy Surgery
- Pterygium Surgery
- Repair of Iris Disorders/Defects
- Repair of Intraocular Lens Disorders/Defects
Comprehensive Ophthalmic Care:
- Eyelid lesions and chalazia
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Conjunctival and corneal disease
- Iris defects (repair/reconstruction for post-surgical & traumatic defects)
- Retinal tears (laser retinopexy)
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinal vascular occlusive disease
UPMC Susquehanna offers comprehensive Ophthalmology services in Williamsport, Mansfield, Muncy, Lock Haven, Wellsboro and Montoursville PA, and the surrounding areas.