Experience an Accelerated Recovery Program at The Joint Center
The newest offering at The Joint Center is the Accelerated Recovery Program. Return home sooner with a total wellness approach to your hip or knee replacement.
This comprehensive, evidence-based level of care focuses on an innovative approach to joint replacement recovery, designed to limit the amount of time you spend in the hospital. If you meet certain qualifying criteria you can limit your stay to one night for a total hip or partial knee replacement and two nights for a total knee replacement.
You may qualify for the Accelerated Recovery Program if you:
- Are in overall good health
- Have a healthy body mass
- Have a support person to help at home
- Take a preoperative training class and review educational materials
- Have discussed the Accelerated Recovery Program joint replacement discharge with your surgeon
Frequently asked questions:
What are the benefits of the Accelerated Recovery Program?
- Quicker return to normal activity at home
- Avoid the burden and cost of an additional overnight hospital stay
What insurance plans do you accept?
- We accept most insurance plans. Please call us to verify your insurance coverage.
What is the recovery time for the Accelerated Recovery Program?
- The average recovery time is 3-6 months but individual recovery times can vary.
Contact our office to make an appointment by calling (570) 321-2020. You can also schedule a personalized tour of our Joint Center by calling (570) 321-2609.
UPMC Orthopaedics can help you return home sooner with our accelerated recovery program for joint replacement in Williamsport, PA and the surrounding areas.