Explore Your Options for Pain Management
Whether you have recently had surgery, or have an ongoing health condition that is causing chronic pain, UPMC Susquehanna is dedicated to helping you find comfort and relief through our comprehensive pain management services. People of all ages can benefit from pain management to treat discomfort from surgery, chronic or acute muscular conditions, or skeletal (bone), neuropathic, and cancer pain.
Pain Management Services at UPMC Susquehanna
Treatment for acute or chronic pain will depend on your specific health condition, symptoms and medical history.
We offer the following types of pain management services:
- Therapies. Providers at UPMC Susquehanna collaborate with several departments, including physical and occupational therapy, to help patients reduce pain levels.
- Medication. Pain medications may include steroids, neuropathic pain medication, NSAIDs, or over-the-counter medicine to help minimize discomfort and lessen pain.
- Procedures. Depending on your condition and pain level, your provider may recommend interventional procedures, such as cortisone injections in or around the spine. These injections may address painful muscles (trigger point injections), or more serious conditions, such as blocking pain signals being sent from the spinal cord to the brain.
Our specific services include, but are not limited to, the following pain management treatments in Williamsport:
- Trigger point injections
- Botox injections
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Implantable infusion pumps/devices
- Nerve blocks
- Physical therapy referrals
- Neuropathic medication management
- Same day surgery procedures: radiofrequency ablations, myeloscopy and Lidocaine/Ketamine infusions
- Specialty physician referrals
At UPMC Susquehanna, we are experienced in helping people of all ages with a wide range of medical concerns and pain conditions. If you would like to make an appointment at the Pain Management Center, please call us at (570) 326-8457. We’re here to help you find relief from pain and experience a more optimal day-to-day life.
Conditions We Help Treat
Conditions often treated with pain management include, but are not limited to:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cervical spine pain
- Chest pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Hip and knee pain (musculoskeletal pain)
- Muscle pain (Myalgia)
- Nerve pain (neuropathic pain)
- Osteoarthritis pain
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Radicular pain
- Shingles / postherpetic neuralgia
- Shoulder, neck and back pain
- Spinal stenosis / radicular pain
To learn more about the conditions we can treat, speak with a pain management specialist at UPMC Susquehanna.
Pain management specialists at UPMC Susquehanna provide the latest treatment options to address post-surgery discomfort, pain from cancer, and acute or chronic pain in Williamsport, PA, and the surrounding areas.