Surgical Services at UPMC
UPMC has emerged as a leader in minimally invasive surgery in the Susquehanna Valley. Our surgeons perform more than 60 types of surgeries in 11 specialties, offering patients shorter hospital stays, less pain, fewer adhesions, better cosmetic results, and a faster recovery.
Our Surgery Center in Williamsport, PA
UPMC Williamsport offers a state-of-the-art inpatient and outpatient surgical center designed, equipped, and staffed to provide the highest-quality care.
The Surgery Center has a total of 23 surgical and invasive procedure rooms. Our amenities include:
- 33 new pre- and postoperative private bays
- One cardiovascular operating room
- One electrophysiology lab and space for an additional electrophysiology lab to open in the near future
- Patient-centered check-in and reception area
- Two cardiac catheterization labs
- Two general operating rooms
Patients will access the Surgery Center, formerly known as Same Day Services, by using the Main Entrance on High Street and then take the Main Elevator to the fourth floor. The Surgery Center check-in and reception area is located when exiting the elevator on the fourth floor. The Main Entrance on High Street offers convenient parking and valet services.
Types of Surgery We Perform
The following surgical procedures are provided by UPMC:
- Breast surgery
- Cardiovascular and thoracic
- Colorectal surgery
- General surgery
- Maxillofacial and dentistry
- Oncological surgery
- Orthopedic and spine surgery
- Pain management
- Plastic surgery
- Vascular surgery
To learn more about these procedures, speak with a surgical provider.
Surgeons at UPMC provide excellence in care to treat a wide range of medical issues with minimally invasive surgery and other procedures. For quality surgery in Williamsport, Muncy, Lock Haven, Coudersport, or Wellsboro, PA, consult a provider at UPMC.